I'm not Dave but I can give you my experience with multiple ponds.

My main pond is 3 acres Link here . Then I have another one acre pond with mostly SMB and RES Link here (this year added a single male CNBG and a dozen HSB). Another one acre pond that is a very old but refurbished pond that I refer to it as my "trash" pond because of I have a fish that I really like but do not want it in the pond I caught it it goes here. But it is a pretty nice pond in its own right Link here . Then I have a 1/20th acre forage pond link here that dumps into my main pond and a 1/10th acre sediment pond that does likewise Link here.

I really like having multiple ponds. Every one of them has their own "personality" and none of them are anything alike. Different amounts of weeds/plants. Different water turbidity or clarity at different times. Rarely is the fish biting the same in all ponds. Often if I am having trouble with fishing being slow in one pond, another they will be biting.

So I like multiple ponds. If one turns to crap for a while (like a big FA or weed outbreak), the others are usually doing fine.

That said I do not think I would want all one acre ponds if you have room for a bigger one.

But a 2-4 acre main pond, another 1 acre and some form of small pond quarter acre of less I think would provide you with a lot of fun. The small pond is easy to do experiments with. If you don't like what it is or how it turned out, not hard to start over and change things.

If you look up an old thread of Highflyer's (Brian) he has multiple tiny ponds that he did a lot with. He was one of the early ones I got inspiration from to create my forage pond. Fireishot is another one that inspired me with his small forage/grow out pond.

Some interesting small ponds in this thread. Link here

Last edited by snrub; 11/27/20 11:44 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine