That would be fine.

Looks like the weather is going to be good but chilly.

I will get the pump set up and ready to go Friday afternoon. Then get out about 6 or 7am and start it up. I think even if I only pump it down a couple feet it will greatly aid in our seining success. I don't want to get it horribly low so there is adequate water for what fish are left.

I could only find a 2" suction screen (to keep the fish out of the pump) so will just have to throttle it back to about what a 2" pump would pump. I'm not going to try and remove my multi-layer pallet structure till the water is down a little as I think it will be much easier that way. There is not that much of it if you recall seeing it floating around the edge.

So if anyone wants to join us, maybe around 10 am or a little earlier if you are a glutton for punishment. I think everyone that has shown interest knows where I live but if not PM me and I will give instructions.

Ponds are overflowing with the last rain we had so water is in pretty good shape.

Every fish we seine I will take out. It will either go home with someone or into one of my other ponds. We will miss enough to be plenty left behind for next year. If we do enough good job of removing fish I might even kill it off next spring and try a new fish raising experiment. I think the HSB experiment worked pretty good for no more effort than I have put into it.

Last edited by snrub; 11/26/20 12:56 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine