Advice for first-time tractor shoppers reading this thread:

My budget still does not justify owning a tractor at this time. However, my area has several "full-service" equipment rental companies.

I can rent a 32HP Kubota at one place, or a 32HP John Deere at another one. Both include the FEL. My places have lots of attachments that you can (slightly) beat up on their nickel. I can rent a brush hog mower, box blade, seeder, or PTO-drive reverse tiller.

I recently rented the JD for $150/day, plus $85/day for a brush hog, plus $25/day for an 18’ trailer. They dinged me 11%(?) for the damage waiver. That all hauls behind a 1/2 ton pickup, unless your truck is really light duty.

I highly recommend that you rent before you buy! You can find out which style transmission is better suited for most of the work you will be performing. Do you need 4WD? Is X HP enough for your application, or do you need to move up to a larger tractor? Is a 5' box blade sufficient to dress out my road, etc.?

These are all good things to know before you finally plunk down your hard-earned money to buy your own tractor!