Don't know if any other members do leaf removal from their BOW, but in an attempt reduce leaves that will eventually become muck on the pond bottom, I've made multiple trips with a 8' kayak my wife gifted me last spring, this Fall. I use a couple different pool strainers and bring a 5-gallon bucket with me for the "harvest".

When we first bought the property I thought shading the pond water could benefit the summer water temps and provide some improved, lo-light environment for the LMB. Fast-forward 30+ years and growth of 10 to 15' saplings into mature trees, I now realize one should be very thoughtful about the quantity and type of trees located near the pond. Some of the trees were present when we purchased the residence, so I can't take ALL of the credit! Deciduous trees upwind and within 30' of the pond can be a big problem. My leaf harvest consists of Maple, Pin Oak, White pine (needles) and now Bald Cypress leaves. I made about half a dozen kayak trips in October and November combined for leaf removal from the pond surface. I estimate that I removed over 60 gallons (packed volume) of leaves from our 1/4 acre pond. The small size of the pond is part of the problem too, of course. I added aeration to the pond the summer of 2019 and I've seen a significant reduction in muck. It doesn't help, however, to have trees adding significant volumes of organic material to the pond every fall season. I now have earmarked three trees for removal next spring to reduce the organic material introduced into the pond which should reduce the number of Fall kayak trips for leaf removal.

Just be careful what you wish for with regards to shade trees planted near your BOW. 50' to 60' tall Maples and Oaks drop a LOT of leaves every year. And in the wrong location, many of the leaves will end up in your pond. And while paddling around in a kayak can be relaxing-- it's not as much fun scooping leaves from the pond surface from the kayak....