Originally Posted by Quarter Acre
Good thread idea Liquid and you've got an expensive toy...I'm envious, but not up to the repairs costs if I had one...

When I was hunting for a new ride, I really wanted a pickup truck. Something in the Ford F150 class. But I discovered they were astronomically expensive! So instead, I opted for a Subaru Outback and a tractor with attachments and still have money left over compared to a truck payment.

The cool part of a tractor is they barely depreciate. It isn't like a car or a truck at all. When I was shopping, used tractors with a front-loader that wasn't a "mechanics dream" were only a few $K less than new. New is 0% interest, so the simple math of inflation vs. depreciation comes out not costing a penny if I were to sell it at value after 5 years of use. If I don't destroy it along the way,

I am afraid of the repair costs. Hoping for a easy fix on the radiator vs. a new one. The plan is to build a "forestry kit" onto the tractor to stop this from happening.

I just wish I bought a tractor 19 years ago. Then I wouldn't have to be dealing with 19 years of untamed growth today.