Originally Posted by Snipe
I can't really see a disadvantage to having a bumper crop of YP. Seining every 20 days or so may give me a good idea about what the available size structure may be, maybe... In the second pond with proper FHM reproduction I believe I could plant SMB fry in mid June and see what I get for a fall harvest next year. I still have my forage pond to supplement (forage) if needed.

Hey I didn't realize you have a forage pond in addition to your fishing pond. How big is it?

I think.. and please add comments-that this is a better approach than "assuming" "X" can be produced.

Do mean that discovering the yield on the your planned treatments above is better than assuming x number of Y-type of fish at Z lengths can be produced? To be sure, the results of your treatments will give you a baseline from which you can base future expectations. Also data and metrics that you might manipulate in future treatments.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers