Originally Posted by Snipe
I use aviator Ox when temps are above 55 degs or packing large numbers. We use Fish-C-haul and electrolyte. I like to use electrolyte on long trips because it sedates fish and lowers respiration substantially. I do not use salt on long trips. Bilge pump (aerator pump is best because it's made for extended run times) with spray bar is adequate in most cases. Keep in mind a fine mist pattern is better than circulating large amounts of water that "appear" to stir water. Surface area exposed to atmosphere is key. Spray nozzle made for 50+ gal/acre are good if you run a filter around pump base.
I have a large capacity capability RS, If it works out I can haul yours also.
I'm bringing several different seines so don't worry about that. Hopefully we can help snrub get what he needs moved.
I will also bring the items needed to show you guys how I "clean" fish for transfer. Gives them the best chance for survival.
Maybe we can get some pics and document the operation here for future reference?

That sounds great. I am rounding up what I need to pump the pond down. We are selling out our farm equipment and I have sold the three 3" pumps I had but my nephews bought two of them and they are still parked in my shed so one is going to get used. I have to figure out an intake screen so will not suck up the fish.

The pond is 8' deep at one tiny spot in the middle so I figured pump it down about 3 feet which would probably be 2/3 the water volume.

It was originally paint roller shaped but then I expanded it along the east and north sides with a backhoe and dozer so we may have to seine those two areas seperately.

There are a bunch of RES in there also which we can sort them out and guys can take some of them also if they want.

I figure whatever is left in the pond after seining it a few times will just stay there in what water is left waiting for the next rain to fill the pond up. They will be there for the winter.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine