Hello, I'm brand spanky new to this forum and to being the proud owner of a newly dug pond. My new pond is approx 1.3 acre feet that just filled with rain water and run off about 2 weeks ago or so. I'm in south western Virginia, 30 miles west of Richmond and we have the lovely red dirt/clay.
Haven't added fish to my pond yet because I want to get the water clear of the clay particles and get the pH correct first. pH currently around 6.5. I've done the jar test, only with 32oz of water though as those were the largest mason jars I had on hand. I found it took approximately 3 days for the water to clear in the jar I placed 2 tablespoons of Alum in. Now, I need to figure out how much Alum to add to my pond and what ratio I should mix the slurry. Any help would be very much appreciated. Planning on stocking in Feb/March next year with FHM, RES, HB, and LMB.
Here's a picture of my pond as it looks now. I will update the pics as I progress in the process pending pearls of wisdom from this forum.

Attached Images
Pond Pic 1 cloudy and clay colored2.jpg