Flame, IIRC the pond owner bought 25-30 tons, and we applied it from the bank with a 2" semi trash pump with a fire nozzle. Short version, I had the gypsum evenly spread out around the pond on plastic tarps. The pump and hoses were moved by the tractor bucket, and 2 piles were spread at each stop. One pile to the right of the pump, then one pile left of the pump. This may sound convoluted, but the whole pond was treated in a couple of hours. The nozzle easily spread the gypsum out 50-60'. The tarps are important, because you don't want the pump muddying up the banks while spreading the gypsum.

The water was literally like chocolate milk, and had zero visibility prior to the treatment. The aeration diffusers were shut off during application, and left off for 3 days to let the gypsum settle. The water had a nice greenish color, but not sure about visibility since I didn't return after the treatment. I just saw the pics the owner sent me.

EDIT: If you want to try gypsum, I might buy a 50# bag at one of the box stores, and do a jar test first.

Last edited by FireIsHot; 11/23/20 10:29 AM.

AL