Long reaches are slow because of the length of the stick and the small bucket they have to use because of the lever arm. If it was my pond, I'd use both the dozer and a large regular excavator with a good sized bucket. You might have a hard time breaking out full buckets of clay if it's the blue stuff, and definitely will have a hard time with the smooth long stick bucket. You'll need teeth on that sucker.

I'd dig the deepest part of the pond first with an excavator, make a couple of shelves so you can put a semi trash pump on them. Run the pump to keep the water out. Then while still pumping excess water, work your way out, stockpiling the blue clay to be used later.

I would think that if you have 65 acres of watershed to fill your pond you won't have much of a problem if the pond is sealed.

Be careful with the dozer in there on the clay. If it starts to slip, don't dig yourself deeper, it will be $$$ to pull it out......

You will need to keep the pond as dry as possible, because you will have to put clay back in there and compact with the dozer and sheepfoot roller or if the slope isn't too bad and the clay isn't that slippery you could get by with a vibratory sheepsfoot. Remember 6" thick lifts, don't try to compact 12" or more at a time. Correct soil moisture is the key too, too wet and you can't compact it.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).