I have a small pond, about 5 ft x 5 ft X 3 ft. The pump that came with the pond kit, Pennington InPond 600, doesn't seem to be doing a lot even though I have changed the filter pretty often since the pond being built last May. I also have a waterfall pump, Pond Boss Waterfall Pump 2000 GPH. The waterfall either has a leak or it splashes out the sides onto the rocks & I was having to refill water every evening. Sort of expensive because of the dechlorinator stuff. So I started turning the waterfall off at night & bought an aerator pump with two stones. I'm only using one stone right now.

The dozen or so goldfish are all about 5-6" long. Wondering if the waterfall pump alone for about 10 hours a day or so plus the aerator is enough to keep them healthy? I use a test kit to test the PH and it's been fine, well within the recommended range. The InPond pump didn't do much to keep algae down at all either & have to say I'm pretty disappointed in it. Just want to be sure I'm providing my fish with adequate care. smile TIA.