Originally Posted by R&R
Cannot add any expert opinion here but can at least give my experience as it pertains to Grass Carp. Added 30 Grass Carp to my pond 3/acre in 2013 because of Southern Niad. within two years it was wiped out completely. Not sure that's what I wanted but..........I do believe that it has prevented my black crappie from getting out of control based on nowhere to hide. I have owned my pond since 2010 and my water clarity has always been super clear. So far it all works fairly well. I have removed 115 Bass 46 Crappie and 10 Bluegill in 2020. My biggest Bass being 7lbs 11oz. and a 17 1/4" Black Crappie. Just this summer have started seeing a little more vegitation started to come back. Fighting Muskrats now. At least the side benefit of those is they have removed a lot of cattails. Like I said not really sure this helped in the conversation just another perspective.

RER, I noticed the pristine appearance of your water in your photo of that great LMB. I meant to return to that thread and comment on it but it fell so deep in the active posts that I lost track of that. I admired the fish considerably but the backstop of your water and the far hillside really completed the picture.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers