RR, 10 grass carp per acre sounds pretty high to me, but you did get the bushy pond weed under control. I am also not a fan of that stuff in my pond. I have recently seen 3 per acre but stocked 5 per acre.

I like what I have seen with Fireishot. Seems like he controls his plants from spreading through carp and spraying. That way he keeps some veggies in the pond. That is what I would like to do but concerned when it comes to the bushy pondweed as how fast it can get out of hand at my pond. I am also leaning toward spraying over throwing granular Aquathol Super K. I have a bag of it in storage and will use it this coming late Feb. I was told one bag treats 1/2 acre. When I spoke to someone that treats ponds, they told me they would use the granular sonar.

And jpsdad, i will attempt to control the numbers of lmb through fishing first, Plans are to return the healthy lmb only until i get some numbers back.

I also like having American pondweed. It grew pretty good and was everywhere i wanted it. But the bushy pondweed is so invasive it choked out the APW. I would like to get the APW back. I have a place where i can pick it and transplant it back into the pond. But with 5 grasscarp per acre getting the APW back up and going might not happen.

Last edited by TGW1; 11/18/20 07:09 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy