Will, here it is a year later from the first post here. So what to do this year? The bushy pondweed was a big reason why I had my fish kill last July. It grew to 75% coverage of the pond and grew all they way out to 9' depths. I don't want that again this year. I did have some survival of the lmb in the 3 pound range and smaller. I lost my trophy's. So I talked to someone about treating the pond. They told me that using Sonar and treating the whole pond I would not have any plants for two years. Not even adding plants would work. So, now I am concerned because I now have at least 10 3 to 4lb grass carp and maybe 15. I saw 10 the other day. So 3 to 5 per acre. If there is nothing for them to eat. I am guessing they will muddy the pond when looking for something to eat. Now I am thinking maybe I can control the busy pondweed by using granular Aquathol Super K and just treat sections of the ponds leaving some for the carp to eat and for some cover for the fish. The bushy pondweed is very aggresive in my pond, guessing lots of nutrients. You guys have any thoughts on this approach? Also wanting a bloom this coming spring, if I treat the pondweed in sections and I fertilize for a bloom I will be feeding the plant, so do I treat the whole pond and have no plants for two years?

Last edited by TGW1; 11/13/20 07:54 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy