Thanks for all of the great advise. I read Bocomo's thread as you suggested and that gave me confidence that I can do this without spending a lot of money which is great. I will work on the 20lb per acre and record my results.

I do like the idea of growing my own BG and not buying them if I don't need to. And removing the LMB as you suggested should increase the BG survival rate.

I need a little more clarification on your last paragraph. Are you saying that liming might not be the right thing to do? As far as water clarity, when I checked it in September it was over 40". I currently have way more vegetation in the pond than I want, which may be contributing to the clarity. Many areas are difficult to fish and it is not very appealing to look at. I have added grass carp but may use a herbicide to help out next spring. I am adding all of the structure to offset the vegetation that I plan on removing. I will still have plenty of vegetation in the upper end of the pond where the creek fills the pond.

From what I've read, doesn't the ph have to be correct for everything to work in harmony?

Thanks,

Dean