I have a 5 acre pond that has been established for 10+ years. I've owned it for 1 1/2 years and have been slowing trying to improve it. The pond currently has LMB, BG, shiner, and speckled catfish according to the report. My goal is to have a pond that I can take the grandkids fishing and enjoy catching some decent sized bass. The fishery guy referred to the pond as a "wild" pond because of the natural shallows that were formed when the pond was built. Basically it was a flowing creek that someone build a dam across to establish the pond. I had it electrofished about a month ago and am looking for a second opinion on the recommendations that were made. My first question is to find out if their is some formula that is used to determine the number of fish that are needed per acre for an established pond. The fishery guy recommended that I add 5,000 Coppernose Bluegill 4" to 5" in the spring. I have the results from the evaluation but the report and the conversation we had on the day of the electrofishing don't support each other. I have a few more questions about the evaluation/recommendations but will save those for later in the thread.

Thanks for any and all advice,

Dean