Originally Posted by TGW1
But if you were to use Todd's fingerling lmb for grow out you should not use Tp until those lmb are at least 6 month to a yr old. This is based on my personal experience. .

What I "think" I would do is start with FHM in March, stock F1 LMB and Gams simultaneously as soon as F1s are available in May, in Mid July I would add the goldilocks weight of BG adult pairs. If they made good growth by Late August >6" AND I had a source of 1" TP (like from a small forage pond), then I would goose the tail end of the grow out with the little TP fry. I think the LMB could stay ahead of whatever these TP might grow in what little grow out is left. While temps are still above 60 I would seine and sex the fish using the straw method releasing the strawed females. Removing the males is another goose to the growth as the remaining TP and BG YOY would sustain a primarily female population until a prespawn collection. I would not feed but would probably use organic fertilization in the form of alfalfa or cottonseed meal, or even perhaps rice hulls. I would try to grow them to a minimum of 13" by the late winter. early spring collection. This plan could change or adapt however (eg, I might use an alternative to BG like OSS ... though probably not)

Last edited by jpsdad; 11/02/20 09:49 AM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers