Today, you can pay ,30 per 4" bg not counting transportation or taxes. So on the low side it's around $4,000 for that 600 lb order. A Florida strain non feed trained 5lb lmb will cost $250.00 per fish or $50,00 per pound. Not counting transportation or taxes. And I am sure there is a minimum order when it comes to these prices but not sure what the minimum number might be. So lets go with 10 per acre for this discussion.

As per growing out these fish, talking bg, these 4" bg will grow out because they are not consumed all at once. These same 4" bg will spawn if this project was to start at the right time of the year. It takes awhile for the lmb to eat all those fish. LMB growth would be in pounds per year.

I would also lean toward the Tp but only as as supplemental forage. But if you were to use Todd's fingerling lmb for grow out you should not use Tp until those lmb are at least 6 month to a yr old. This is based on my personal experience. I added 5 lbs of Tp at the same time I added fingerling lmb. That 5 lbs grew to at least 60 lbs of Tp per acre. And the grew so fast that I believe they actually feed on some of the lb fry.
I can't prove that but would highly suggest to anyone that is adding their lmb fry not to add Tp at the same time they add lmb fry.

The downside to all of this is when there is all that forage available to these Florida strain lmb it makes them much tougher to catch on artificial baits.

Last edited by TGW1; 11/01/20 08:25 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy