Originally Posted by nvcdl
Originally Posted by esshup
Originally Posted by nvcdl
Getting tired of seeing small fish with fungus so ordered 200 lbs of food grade sea salt to add to pond (1 3/4 acre, 13' deep, ave 9' deep).

Check the local stores for this: https://www.mortonsalt.com/home-product/morton-pure-and_natural-crystals/

I don't know what is more cost effective, that or what you ordered. What PPM of salt are you looking to achieve in the pond?

I went with food grade sea salt from a restaurant supply house. More expensive than water softner salt but figure it will disolve faster also all the softener salts I can source locally seem to have additives. I saw a post were someone said 100lbs of salt per acre would bring up salinity to the right level to kill fungus so figure 200 lbs should be about right. The fish in my pond can survive brackish water (LMB, HSB, BG) so more worried about not putting enough in to make a difference.

.8oz per gallon of water is the correct dose for fungus. About 390lbs of salt per acre ft of water. 3 acft?? about 1200lbs just to treat a fungus. This is the minimum dose recommended.