Tracy the pond you have now (current status) is not the pond you had last year. IMO you need more info on where things stand. RW on all species would help. You are correct that " It is my understanding that you want the largest forage fish to remain in the pond because they produce the most fry that then grow into the most needed correct sized forage fish that provides the good growth to your trophy's" .

Large well conditioned BG produce at much higher rates and are more successful at reproduction up through early yoy stage than average BG. What happens after that is a function of pond productivity , population dynamics (numbers and size of all species) and a lot of other factors.

I would not hazard a guess on what you should do with the facts I have. Prof Dick Anderson (he developed the concept of RW and condition) told us that you should harvest fish in the size range that looks bad (poor condition due to food shortage) until that size range condition has improved. I think that is a little vague (does not provide for the time lag involved) but the concept is right.