Like i said i may not be the sharpest pencil in the box. It is my understanding that you want the largest forage fish to remain in the pond because they produce the most fry that then grow into the most needed correct sized forage fish that provides the good growth to your trophy's. My first attendance to the Pond Boss Conference it was said you want couch potato bass. Meaning that the lmb never had to move much in order to eat and gain wt. And when talking about fertile water, I only fertilized that first spring. Never had to do it again. And when talking feeding the forage fish, I learned over the years I could never fill the bg up, they would just eat and eat. So when feeding, I think it should come in moderation or you might be causing water problems and low bank accounts. smile One thing I have learned is that every pond is different and mine did not fit the norm from day one. Most likely due to high forage numbers from the very beginning. My problem was with the fish was due to not knowing my plants as well as I should have known them and how fast they could take over and I won't let that happen again.

Last edited by TGW1; 10/25/20 03:37 PM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy