Originally Posted by RAH
I have never heard of insurance that covers a company's customers and allows them to file claims.

Nor have I, to be honest. I've been walked through the steps from one of the victims that he ripped off (gave him $23k out of a $48k quote for a swimming pool), and from what he said, the insurance company would basically cover the lost amount, and hire a new contractor to complete the job, and the victim would still have to pay the $25k balance. At least that's what I've been told. We'll see.

From my little bit of research on it, I only see where you can file property damage claims against their liability insurance. In my scenario, I don't know how you can put a price tag on restoring all of the trees and dirt back to its original state, but I sure as hell am going to try.

Edit: After doing further research, I think I may be dealing with something called a Surety Bond, which is usually handled by an insurance company. A bond protects the customer, so if he was bonded, then that will be great for me and everyone else he scammed.

Last edited by Steve_; 10/23/20 03:55 PM.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." - Donny Miller