Originally Posted by RStringer
Hope it works out good for ya. Bet that insurance company wish they would a have did a better reference check on him.

I was thinking the same thing. I almost feel bad for the insurance company. Almost...

Originally Posted by jpsdad
Steve,
I've been following this thread and its really good to read that the insurance might help to cover the loss. Also would just like to say I think your response to this curve ball life has thrown at you is exemplary. I am really looking forward to reading how your dreams of having this pond have been realized and how much you are enjoying it.

Thank you sir, it's been a struggle lately. I've compared this situation to telling a kid that they're going to Disneyland, but everyday you give them another excuse for why they haven't gone yet, and 6 weeks later, saying, "Nah, just kidding." From the post I made on Facebook about this guy, and being ripped off, I've received many offers from people to come fix this mess. One guy even offered to do it for free if I had the equipment to do it (I don't), which totally blew me away.

I got a new quote from the very first guy I spoke to, and he said he'd charge $2500 just to finish clearing the trees and brush (and burning it for me), and probably another $3750-5000 to build the dam. I don't have that kind of money right now, so I'm really banking on this insurance thing panning out. Thank you all again for your support and kind words. There are some terrible people out there, but devastating situations like this have shown me that there are still some decent folks out there, too, looking to do the right thing.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." - Donny Miller