Originally Posted by RStringer
Do you know where he lives? Pretty sure I would be paying him a visit. Not saying go over with any weapons. Him and I would be having a (conversation).

My neighbor stole my kids hoverboard. I reported it they came n talked 2 him and me. He admitted he took it but cant find it. They did nothing. The system is so screwed up I dont trust it at all. From then on I will take care of my own family since they wont.

That's another hurdle I have, since there's an active warrant out for him right now, finding him will be a chore. He has about a dozen different addresses for the past 10-15 years. And I agree, the system is very screwed up. There is absolutely no protection for the consumer in this situation. Even with a contract, receipts for all payments, and documentation of all communication, there's no guarantee you'll ever get your money back, even if you win. In a perfect world, the county court would pay you and he would become a debtor to the county. Nope, you have to fight to get your money back. With no income to garnish, probably no bank account to levy, no equipment to put a lien on and no known address, you're screwed. He knew all of this, and I didn't... or maybe I did, but just didn't think it would happen to me.

That sucks about your kids' hoverboard. "I took it but can't find it" sounds a lot to me like, "I took it and sold it." At the very least, his parents should've offered to buy your kid a new one, or reimburse you. Like you said, this is why people take matters into their own hands. You just can't expect people to do the right thing anymore.

On a minor positive note, I got a guy coming out tomorrow to give me an estimate to finish the pond. This is the original guy I got an estimate from. While I feel like this guy is legit (has his own business, with a website, and many positive reviews..and my neighbor also knows him), he's not great at returning phone calls or replying to texts. I called him last Friday, and he said he would come out this week to look at it. I called him Tuesday, no answer, and it said his voicemail box wasn't set up, so I texted him. No reply, no phone call. Called him again today, and he said he'll try to come out tomorrow. I'm just about to the point where I'm gonna rent a big dozer and pay to fly one of y'all out to North Carolina to help me fix this mess lol.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." - Donny Miller