Originally Posted by nvcdl
Not sure it was the food but the issue cropped up at the same time I switched to it and got bad fast. Seems to me to be a virulent strain of fungus as if it was poor conditions think the problem would have gottton bad in the high heat of summer rather than when water was cooling in early Sept.

I was on the fence about using it anyway as it is twice the cost of the Tractor Supply food (which fish seemed to do ok on) so will discontinue using it.

Pond has been growing lots of bryozoans which I'm told is a sign of good water quality.

Well, technically yes, the food is twice the cost of the Tractor Supply food, but in actuality, the Tractor Supply food is more expensive than the Purina Aquamax MPV if you consider the cost of what a pound of fish flesh grown by the Tractor Supply food costs vs. what a pound of fish flesh costs that is grown by using Purina Aquamax MPV. Optimal Fish Food is even cheaper than Purina Aquamax MPV when you look at price that way.

You may not think so, but if you do a test measuring how much feed it takes to put the same amount of weight on the same amount of fish, you will see what I'm talking about.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).