Not sure it was the food but the issue cropped up at the same time I switched to it and got bad fast. Seems to me to be a virulent strain of fungus as if it was poor conditions think the problem would have gottton bad in the high heat of summer rather than when water was cooling in early Sept.

I was on the fence about using it anyway as it is twice the cost of the Tractor Supply food (which fish seemed to do ok on) so will discontinue using it.

Saw one small floater BG today. Saw several mid sized fish 4-6" with fungus infections on my dam side of pond but shallow side fish looked much better then that had last week - saw plenty of healthy looking small fish. Not seeing as much fungus on the fry either (a couple weeks ago most were developing fungus).

Only issue I could think with water would be that a lot of the vegetation was denuded this year by herbicides. Could be that it helped keep pond cooler and more oxygenated. Next year I plan to let it grow back except on the shallow side bank.

Pond has been growing lots of bryozoans which I'm told is a sign of good water quality.

Last edited by nvcdl; 10/18/20 01:33 PM.