I don't think that was too much water added because it was done over 5 weeks so i figure the pond came up a qter inch or so per day in a pond that has 45,000 gals per inch or so. And you have been running diffusers to turn the pond over. It's is possible to have low DO in the hot summers in Texas
and running well water without it being aerated most likely does not help. So in the future i would run the well water across some rocks or something the will roll that well water for aeration to the well water. You can also run a ventury system in your water line to help aerate the well water. It is possible there is something else in the well water that needs to be looked at so i would suggest you send in a sample to TA&M for testing. Ponds do not have to have plants but it is better if there are some there, just not to many of them. You might want to check your fish population through fishing or surveying using a shock boat or running a sein. all information you can get will help you figure out what is going on.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy