Originally Posted by MisterA
Where at north of Houston are you purchasing?

if you are going to have the island, you should run electricity and water - electricity for sure

Aeration will be probably be a must for that depth and the island would be a great place for the compressor if you have power. It will ease the difficulty of installation and the layout considerably because the island is going to be in the middle. In fact, if you are building a platform for diving that is probably a great place for a diffuser as you probably aren't going to be too worried about the water below the base of the deck.

Mister A, the property is on the north side of Plantersville. I will definitely be running electric and water out to the island, as we MUST have amenities for the princesses tree house, haha! I already figured I would need some aeration due to the depth, but didn't think about the island causing any issues. I don't mind adding a few more diffusers to the pond in order to alleviate any dead spots.

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
I would also decline on the island. It’s a good place for geese to crap and tough to maintain.

Dave, I don't really have an option at this point, as I already promised one to my daughter, haha! As I mentioned above, I understand it will be more work, but I don't mind spending the money on aerators in order to keep it working. And hey, if I do happen to have any geese, they won't be there long, as they will have some steel shot being flown their way! In fact, I welcome them. Worst case, if they crap all over, I will at least have a water hose out to the island so I can wash off my daughters tree house, lol!