Howdy everyone! Just wanted to do a quick introduction and tell you why I am here. I love fishing and I hate the city! My family and I (wife, one daughter and one son), have been looking for some property for a couple years now. I will be closing on some property, about an hour north of Houston, in the next month! We couldn't be more excited. One of the first things I'll be doing, is digging a pond, so we have dirt for our road, and structure foundations. It currently has a 1/8th acre pond on it. It is believed to be spring fed, is supposedly stocked with some blue gill and LMB and the soil is clay to 65 ft. I have hopes of digging it out to 2 acres, then stocking it for LMB fishing.

I came here looking for advice on what to do, and more importantly what not to do. I want to do it right from the start. The plan is to have a small island in the middle, a max depth of around 35 feet, with some shallow areas and a few points around the pond (or is it considered a lake, at 2 acres?). I know now will be the time to get my man-made structures built, and get the general layout I am looking for, but other than that, I will be looking for recommendations. I'm looking forward to taking in everyone's knowledge, experiences, and recommendations.

Attached Images
lake plan.jpg