Originally Posted by Fyfer123
This leads me to another question, which seem crazy since there has been a lot, is it worth restocking brown trout, as the population of trout is getting low? I only added 80 four years ago, so I can't imagine too many are left. If I restocked this fall or next spring with the numbers and advice of a local hatchery, would the smaller trout be able to compete with the bass? Finally, can an adult bass like the one pictured above eat an 8-10" trout (the size I would likely stock).

The reason I suggested taking any LMB > 15" was to make LMB predation of newly stocked trout less likely. So a fusiform fish like a trout will be vulnerable to LMB at 1/2 the length of the LMB. This would especially be true in late spring and summer when the LMB are more active. So you should only stock in the fall when surface temps are below 15C. The newly stocked trout should make enough growth over winter to be safe going forward. If the hatchery offers trout in the 10"-12" size range, I might lean that direction.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers