I'd be careful taking advice from a fish farmer, after all, they're a business and want your money. I'm not saying that his plan is wrong, I don't know much about TFS stocking, but his plan seems very expensive. When stocking new forage into a BoW with established predators, it will be quite difficult and costly to get it to work.

Since you have a 35 acre lake, he wants you to stock 8750 adult TFS in March, 17,500 juvenile TFS in July, 350 pounds of Tilapia, and another 17,500 juvenile TFS the following July, for a total of 43,750 shad. One load of Threadfin Shad (5,000 to 7,000) or about 25 pounds of fish can cost as much as $1800.00 or $2.57-$3.60 for each fish. Using the average of $3.08 per fish, that's over $134,000, before figuring in the cost of the Tilapia.

I'm interested in stocking some TFS in my pond as well, so I did some research and came across this site: http://www.suttlefish.com/Threadfin_Shad.html

Their recommendation for stocking TFS into a pond/lake with Bass already in it is 100 per acre (3500 in your case). I'm no expert, I just like to research stuff and crunch numbers. Hopefully someone with shad experience can chime in shortly.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." - Donny Miller