Electro harvested 56 bass, pretty much completing goal for the year. They definitely looked better than they did in May, though maybe some of that is comparing with post-spawn fish back then.

Loads of CNBG, from small to big. Some large HSB and a few tilapia, as well. No threadfin shad seen, so I'll need to restock in spring. Golden shiners might be worthwhile, too.

Stocked 25 8 to 10 inch HSB to replenish original 70. Also stocked 250 F1 LMB in 3 to 4 inch range to add some genetic diversity. Most will be eaten, but even if only a fraction survive it will be nice.

My water is soft, so they had to up the voltage. I plan to add 21 tons of ag lime soon to amend this issue. Ethan said that I need to get a lot more cover in the pond, particularly hardwood trees & shrubs. As it is, bass have to cruise the shoreline to chase forage, which limits their ability to put on weight, even though forage is abundant.

Also plan on stocking rainbow trout in early December as they become available. Last year they added much to winter fishing fun, and I have a friend who absolutely loves to eat them. Ethan told me that rainbow are getting a more popular with pond owners, orders tripled just last year.

Last edited by anthropic; 09/25/20 06:23 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160