Thanks, when I first started the system back in June the water temps were 68 Bottom and 70 to 72 surface. Right after I stocked in June and introduced the aerator we had a very hot 10 days in the high 80s and the water temps rose to 80 surface and 76 bottom. After learning here I then went to running air only at night starting short and working my way to 10hrs a night. I’ve ran that since.

My concern right now with starting to run the aerator 24/7 was the temps would increase during the day and get to dangerous levels again, but maybe its low enough 58-62 where that may not happen? We have a week of low 70’s ahead with sun and lows of 50’s at night.

I’m wondering what the trade off is with more air 24/7 or trying to keep the water a little cooler by running air just at night.

Fish seem fine today but a few of the smaller browns are near the surface in the middle, big rainbows laying close to bottom in about 4ft water, swimming around, etc. Caught a few just now and they recovered fine.

If going to 24/7 is the best idea, should I slowly increase the aeration time or go right to 24/7? Or maybe run it like 18hrs a day, skipping the hottest parts of the day?

Last edited by Esa77; 09/23/20 12:25 PM.