Originally Posted by Flame
gehajake, details please, pond size,how much ag lime did you put in? Why did you put it in? Was your water chemestry off or is your's real muddy like mine? How long has your aglime been in the pond now? How far out did your spreader send the product?

Sorry, didnt see your post, the truck applying lime was a identical picture, (different color truck), to the one ewest posted above, actually it could be my pond in the background, I had just built a 16A pond and had not tested any water but I had a lime truck spread lime on my deer green fields and just took what was left and backed him down to the pond and just broadcast it, doubt that it had much effect on the area but I figured it wouldnt hurt. probably about 8 to 10 Ton. my pond is a little dark, I think its mostly tannins from brush piles and trees that I didnt get out of the pond before the water got up too high, some standing timber in the shallows and numerous oak brushpiles and countless stumps. Ive always heard its bad but the feeder fish are doing amazingly well, just ready to stock predators this fall.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.