So I've been trying to clear my pond for a while now and tried the various things including alum. I got to where I was seeing some improvement. Clearer at the top and greener pond not so "tea" colored. Anyway got a big rain the other day and my pond is back to being as brown as it's ever been.

Basically my pond is at the lowest point of my entire property and from many different angles the rainwater washes down to it. Not a singular spot that I can dam off. The pond itself has tons of vegetation around it and grass beyond that, but it's not enough to stop the water run off.

I think we got maybe 3" the other day and the pond went up by about 4'

In hindsight I put this in the wrong spot especially since I have well water to keep it full.

I don't get a lot of rain where I am, but 2" per month more or less comes usually in a 1 or 2 day worth of rain event so each rain event is probably enough to do this. I'm not 100% sure what it is, but doing some research on this specific thing leads me to believe it's tannins that is causing my discoloration?

Or possibly it's just washing new clay into the pond which don't immediately sink?

Curious if there is any hope to this at all?

I guess I could just dam all around the pond, but that would change the entire dymanic. If I was going to do that I'd almost rather just abandon it and start over. WHOLE lot of money down the drain though my wife might leave me if I float that idea to her.