Good Morning,

Earlier in the year I used bacteria to help dredge a 50 year old 1 acre farm pond. Within 2 weeks I noticed much clearer water but I also noticed a pretty dramatic drop in water level. I continued treating throughout the summer applying the bacteria at recommended intervals. The water is super clear now but the level is down probably 2 to 3 feet.

In normal years I would lose probably 10 to 12 inches over the summer due to evaporation. This year it seems excessive. Is it possible the bacteria consumed so much sludge that the levels have dropped to a point where I now have seepage through the bottom of the pond ?

In other words, the sludge acted as a seal and once it was consumed there was nothing preventing seepage? The soil around here is heavy clay content so I didn't think I would have a soil seepage issue but I'm no expert which is why I am posing the question.

Greatly appreciate any thoughts you may be able to share with me. Real shame to have the pond this clear with the water level so low.

Thanks for your help