Killum all. I have/had a spring filled creek on the back of my property. Beavers moved in on the place above me and stopped up the creek. In my arid area of Texas, that's not good. They took down some good sized oaks so the neighbor asked me to take care of them. I did but not sure it was legal.

Beavers only build dams in flowing water. When they take up residence in a pond, they dig under the bank for a home. If they pick the dam, you're hosed if you don't take action.

When I say "had", we got a 4 year drought that dried up the springs that flowed for many, many years. Now, it is a creek only as long as the rains keep coming. I doubt that the water table will ever replenish. It is also a recipient from one of my ponds Spring overflow and Bluegills plus Green Sunfish are in it. I generally toss in food when I go on a 4 wheeler to feed in the 1/4 catfish/green sunfish pond.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP