My turtle rafts are placed in the NW and SE corners. The turtles don't seem to be territorial but different ones tend to line up along side their 'friends' on the floats. They tend to like access to deeper water so they can dive off the raft quickly when needed. They seem relaxed while they sunbathe but they are always very alert while on the platform. They always escape off the deep water side. But I like the floats placed closer to shore so I can get to them more easily and pull them in for storage come fall/winter. The reason for placing them in the two opposite corners of the pond is that the turtles chase the sun. They move from sunny raft to sunny raft as the angle of the sun changes over the course of the day.

What materials will he use? I found the carpet on the surface when laid in a way that overlaps down into the water helps them climb on. The part that was floating in the water also was a staging ground for the timid turtles. They would just rest on the floating section of carpet adjacent to and then climb on when they were ready.

What other ideas do you need?