I gave killing the ponds serious consideration after the electrofishing survey but decided against it since there were a few decent sized bass and the survey was performed on a frosty morning (suspected most of the fish were deep).

In terms of carp numbers, based on what I see hanging around the mulberry trees and their spawning sites, I think there are <20 in the pond. Plus, I only see big ones (15 lbs+) and never small ones, so my guess is that the BG and LMB are eating the young.

Likewise with the CC, all of them are ~1.5 - 3.0 lbs in size and I have seen zero small ones. I found out last year that one of the previous owners stocked the pond w/CC, so I'm hopeful that time is on my side. By that I mean through harvesting, more BG eating the young, and fish dying of old age will hopefully knock the population down to where it's not a big factor in the pond.

I do have a smaller "pond" that I tried using to raise FHM and RES this spring, but it gets very weed choked. In short, putting the fish in was easy, so far getting any of them out has been a challenge.