For your goals and tiny 0.6ac pond DO NOT PUT BLUEGILL IN. They will cause too many carrying capacity problems and fish balance problems in this tiny pond. Go with my plan first - minnows, tilapia, and HSB. Then if you are dissatisfied, you can always at a later date add some bluegill. Once you put in bluegill you are stuck with them and you cannot get them out to where they are not reproducing and causing fish balance issues. BG are a good fish BUT NOT for your pond goals and tiny pond. I can't help you any more if you put in bluegill. Go to those that told you to put them in for the help.

If Overtons again ask you to put bluegill in - ask them if you are unhappy with them will they come and get every last one out for you. Of coarse the answer will be no. If you decide you want more panfish for kids to catch just add more tilapia when you buy them in spring. After many years of experience stocking and managing fish,,,,, the customized plan of tilapia - HSB combination will be a very good fishery for your goals in this tiny 2700 sqft pond. Regularly feed these fish and they grow fast and will give all of you lots of enjoyment. Don't forget to get a small amount of appropriate size of fish food, not a whole bag, when you buy your fish. A bag of 40 -50 lbs of fish food is way too much for your tiny pond. It will spoil before you use all of it. Ask for the higher protein food even for the tilapia. Better quality food causes less manure waste, fewer algae / plant problems, and grows your fish faster.

If Overtons will not sell you less than 50 bs of fish food, I will send you some high quality pellets.

The muddy water could be affecting the minnows feeding on pellets. Have you tried crushing / pulverizing some of the pellets for the smaller minnows?.
I would turn off your aerator for 7-14 days and see if this gradually and slowly helps clear the pond. Continually mixing the sediment laden water tends to keep it more turbid and does not let it settle out as quickly. Historically the pond has proven that it will allow your sediment / soil composition creating murky water to become clear. Not running the aerator until the pond clears should not hurt the minnows nor tilapia.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 09/07/20 08:56 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management