I'll be rid of the rats soon enough, but it's too late in the year for the APW to grow back before winter. There's a mountain of seed in the pond so
it ought to come back just fine next spring.

I'm hoping that the giant tangle of cedar trees that I put in before my pond filled will provide enough cover for some of the shrimp to survive the winter,
because that's about all there will be for them once cold weather gets here and the bladderwort croaks.

On another note, I just got off the phone with Chet Hartley. My SMB order is locked in, and he's got a few advanced HSB for me. Water temps are
still on the warm side so we're going to touch base again in a couple of weeks. I expect I'll be able to pick them up before the end of this month.

And I think I forgot to mention that I found one yoy YP in the Z trap when I pulled it yesterday. It was a sickly looking little thing. Not even as long as
my pinky finger, horribly mal-nourished, and only slightly dead. So from that I can say that my YP did pull off a spawn last spring. I just hope the rest
of them are managing better than this one did.