I have a 4.75 acre spring fed pond that is about 17-18 feet at it's deepest, but averages probably 13 feet deep and it's often as clear as tap water. I put in 25 full size albino catfish a year ago in the spring (at $10 a piece - ouch) and when I would hand feed from the dock with floating food they would come up. Not all of them, but it was typical to have 20 of them come up and eat. We had a mild winter in Indiana, but I've not seen a single albino catfish since last summer. I still feed from the dock and some of the smaller channels that I stocked are coming up, but no albinos.

Could something have eaten all of them over the winter? I've never seen any dead floating albinos and generally, never see any floating fish as the pond is very healthy. We do get some big snapping turtles in our pond sometimes from the creek next to us. Could they have cleared them out? I have walleye too, but I don't think they would go after a full size albino.

This was a pay-lake 30 or more years ago so there's some interesting fish in it, just nothing that I think could eat a full size albino catfish. Thanks.