In an attempt to save as much money as I possibly can while providing quality aeration to my pond, I have come up with a diffuser design that I would like to hear your opinions and feedback on about what I have built. I have had a few online companies "design" systems for my pond using data that I've provided and using google earth. I do find it interesting how different some systems are from others but I assume that is because of the type or style of diffuser each company sells. After hours and hours of researching and reading posts from this forum I decided that the membrane diffusers that Vertex sells are the best bang for the buck. I was told that I would need 6 Vertex Airstation XL2 for my pond at a cost of $212 each for a grand total of $1272 just for the diffusers.

I have attached a picture of my prototype and currently have approximately $20 in the PVC frame. I will fill the 2" PVC with sand to hold it down. If I use these diffusers, https://pentairaes.com/flexairr-9-disc-diffuser.html I will have a total cost of $70 in each unit. If I use the vertex diffusers the total cost is $120 per unit.

Please understand that I am not able to just shell out cash to put in a $5k+ system and am trying to save money where I can.

The base of the frame I built is 40" x 26" and the diffusers will be 14" above the bottom.

Please post questions and concerns.

Thanks,

Dean

Attached Images
IMG_2226.jpg