Thanks for the info. The low side or secondary overflow (I can call it that now that I know it was probably built that way intentionally) is quite flat and spills into a large pasture. We have had overflow to the secondary twice and once it hits that level the water is moving but not terribly fast. Even during Harvey we could walk through it - you could feel it pushing on you but not enough to keep from getting through it and it's only about a foot deep - big area though. Seems like it was well thought out when built 30 - 40 years ago.

When I bought the place I tried to fish quite a bit and never had any luck at all. I had convinced myself that everything died in the drought of 2011 although we were told the pond didn't go dry. After Harvey we did indeed have a fish kill - not many but pretty decent sized bass. I hadn't found Pond Boss at the time and didn't understand what was happening. Since the original spillover was leaking the pond was always about 3.5' low and then would get another 3' or so lower during the summer. With the new spillover (same spill elevation as the original) and the pond now holding higher levels it is amazing how much the entire ecosystem has improved. I have stocked BG twice and CC once but never LMB. Regardless, once we stocked BG and the pond holds a nice level - even when low - I have caught some nice LMB. There aren't a lot and I have to fish hard but I catch all sizes and quite a few little guys so I know they are starting to replenish themselves. I am now catching 8" BG also which are outstanding eating.

I put in aeration in June so I am hopeful that will solve any fish kill issues. I really appreciate the input.