I have a 3/4 acre pond. I did the jar test it's definitely cloudy because of clay. My average depth is roughly 5.3 feet. I cut the pond into quarters both long and wide and measured it. So roughly 4 acre feet is the calculation I'm going off of. I did a 1 gallon and a 5 gallon alum test. 6 TSP of slurry equivalent worked in both in 12 hours no problem.

I've now added 1050 lbs of Alum and almost 0 noticeable difference. The water appears less brown and more green and maybe a tad clearer at the top 8 inches or so.

The first 600 or so lbs I was adding 30% hydrated lime right after it. The remaining 450 lbs I didn't add any hydrated lime as my PH was only getting to 6.5.

I haven't had any rain and my shores are very much taken over by vegetation. I'm not diluting the alum with very much water I was thinking possibly that's an issue? How many gallons of water vs alum should I be mixing? I'm only doing about 50 gallons of water per 100lbs of alum.

maybe it's sinking too fast?

My next question is there a time limit on when I can just add more or have I completely wasted the first 1000 lbs of alum? I can't get more for a week and I was thinking if I can just add 300lbs at a time I can just keep going until it works or do I have to do it all in 1 sitting?

What should my next move be? I feel like I'm just throwing a ton of money away.

Thank You