Shorty, I have so much stuff going on with my two ponds right now that I can't really tell how much its impacting my electrical compared to using my standard aeration system. I got tired of rebuilding my standard aeration unit and had a 1hp Kasco given to me that we couldn't figure out how to get running. While working on that, I ordered a 1/2 hp Kasco because I'm an impulse buyer!! In the meantime I got the 1hp running. So I have them in different locations. Now that I have my FA taken care of, which is the reason I experimented with horizontal aeration, I alternate which one I'm using.

MOfisherman, I'll try to take the time to make a more detailed post tomorrow in its own thread. Have you had any difficulty getting SMB on pellets? From Sunil's response it doesn't appear it's that difficult (which is awesome to hear!!) but I have seldom witnessed it. Maybe there are other variables that got mine started. But the current seemed to be the turning point.

TGW1, I haven't done DO readings simply because I don't have a DO meter. But it seems impossible for my DO to not be in good shape as much water as I'm moving. One thing I have noticed is that I have absolutely no spots where there is a noticeable difference in water temp. Whether its horizontal or vertical, the entire body of water feels to be the same temp. At first I was concerned about warming the water on hot days, but that certainly doesn't seem to be the case. In fact, the entire body of water is noticeably cooler when swimming. Also, there is a significant decrease in bottom muck anywhere within 30 ft of the Kasco circulator.

wbuffetjr, I'll fix your statement for you......... NEDOC always doing stupid and expensive stuff!! But occasionally he posts something interesting that evolves from his stupidity!! LOL

What really needs to be invented by one of the pond boss geniuses is a circulator that roams your pond like a Roomba. LOL

Just a Pond Boss 'sponge'