For the best fish go to Overton Fisheries about 1 hr southeast of Dallas on I45 to Buffalo TX. They will do the best for your needs of HSB and tilapia. Check with them when they have the larger 'advanced' sized HSB (maybe 8"-10") available which is probably in March-April which would be a very good time to stock both HSB and tilapia together. Tell them Bill Cody from Pond Boss sent you to them. You will be well treated. Be sure to get about 15-20 lbs of the appropriate sized feed for the HSB while there. Tell them you have a tiny mini-pond and do not need a whole 40or50 lb bag of pellets. It will take you too long to use it up before is starts to go "bad". Try not to hold pellets longer than 10-12 months. The advanced size HSB stocked in spring will have benefits for you: 1. they are very pellet habituated better than smaller fish, 2. they will be fun to catch right away, 3. you gain one year of growth using larger ones, 4. You don't need a lot of them so cost is still relatively low. 5. HSB and tilapia together will be a very good start for your mini-pond, and fishes can be very easily be changed if you don't like the results. This is not true with BG - LMB. KEEP US UPDATED AS TO YOUR PONDS PROGRESS SO OTHERS CAN SEE IF I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!

Last edited by Bill Cody; 08/14/20 08:26 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management