So far no luck obtaining F1 fingerlings.

That said I've seen a number of fingerlings that have survived the spawn this year. Interesting how much they vary in size.

Pond was a mess for most of June and first half of July as 2-4 D herbacide nuked most of vegatation and it slowly rotted and had matts of FA. Now a bit of watershield has recovered but pond is 95% open water. Threw in some bush piles along shallow end shore to provide extra cover for small forage.

Crappie numbers seem way down - have pulled out about 40 this year. Tried to get some the last couple days and only caught one 7" one

Bass fishing is slighly faster then last year - typically can catch 2-4 in an hour of fishing but until recently didn't take any good ones - removing the weeds seems to have changed up their pattern. In last couple weeks took a couple good 4lb+ bass fishing off structure I sank in about 6-8' of water (tho the bass seemed a bit higher in water column). Caught a 4lb 12oz bass today on my ultralight rod - was quite fun. Luckily have 10lb braid installed on it.

Last edited by nvcdl; 08/12/20 05:54 PM.