I'm having a hard time getting good pics but these fish have grown quite a bit in 10 days. To a point I have 2 obvious species ID'd and I have loads of both RSH and BNM. I have not had a single specimen that has made me think the very few adult spotfins I put in forage pond has reproduced. The BNM and RSH I have now are about same size as the original stock I received and with pics I have of those it's obvious what I have.
on a side note, another observation I've made is 1"-1'5" BG and RES will READILY consume fry of 3/8-3/4" in huge numbers which surprised me. BG more than any I have in tank are extremely aggressive when adding minnow fry to feed my 4" spotted bass, even though the BG and RES are trained to readily consume flakes and are in super body condition.
Another surprise (to me) was how many 1/2" minnow fry a Gambusia will consume. I have 2 female skeeter fish in my big tank and even though they get more flakes than they want, they will hammer minnow fry. That alone makes me think Gams are not good to have with reproducing minnow populations.
Just a few things I've noticed playing with things related to forage production..