Just an update on the removal process..
I stopped the end of last week at 411lbs removed.
Water clarity has not improved like I had thought it would.
I fed the last few nights in very calm conditions and the shore have "waving claws" just like it always has. I also see many, many small 3/4-2" craws now and I have to think the smb would be pounding them but with the number of adults reproducing, there may well be more than touchable numbers of these.
I took a 1/2 gal sample 2 weeks ago and in 24-48hrs the water was clear with sediment on the bottom-or what I thought was sediment. I set another bucket down inside that and pulled the bucket to get another sample yesterday and oh my did that water stink.. It was snotty, stinky terrible nasty water.. Had to be a great amount of planktonic growth in there for that to smell that way, I think..
Sample #2 has settled to a point it looks like tap water as well so I'm back to trying to find the source of stirring mechanically.. Total riprap shore, no runoff, 3 CC left in the 6-10lb range, NO ducks, not sure what I have going on. Last summer water was clearer with the ring of FA I had-absent this year, very little FA but more aquatic growth. Arrowhead have really started to come back since Craw removal so that did help.
Just really unhappy with water color.

Last edited by Snipe; 08/07/20 12:30 AM.